There are so many things I am grateful for. There’s no question how blessed I’ve been my entire life, and I can never, ever forget how lucky I am. So let’s celebrate Turkey Day right with a list of the things I’m thankful for this year:
1. New York: I am so happy to be back in New York. After years of trying to get a job in the Big Apple, I finally met that goal, and I could not be happier. Start spreading the news.
2. Boston: As much as I wanted to leave Boston, I will forever be grateful that I got to live there for as long as I did. I tell people I “grew-up” in Boston, because it’s where I became the person I am today. Boston gave me the chance not once, but twice, to make a life for myself. And who knows, maybe it will be there again if I ever need to start over.
3. Jack: Oh my Jack, the best dog on the planet. Just try to argue this. You can’t.
4. The Beach House: I’m sitting in a sunny living room looking at the Moriches Bay and listening to Dean Martin. What more could you want in life?
5. My Friends: I have the best friends a girl could ask for. They are strong. They are smart. They are loving, and they are fun. They probably don’t even realize how much joy they bring me, but life makes sense when I’m with them. And they laugh at my jokes. This is really the only thing you need to do for me to like you.
6. My Family: It’s cliché for sure, but have you met my family? They’re a crazy bunch of mofos. Whether we’re fist-fighting or sitting around telling stories, I know in my heart there are no other people in this world that I would rather have in my corner. They are my life, plain and simple. (For example, my godson and cousin Brett just asked me, “Kelly, when you die can I take over the blog?” I love it.)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! What are you grateful for this year?