It’s clear that the cultural phenomenon of 2011 just may be Pajama Jeans. They are “stylish, sexy, soft and comfortable,” and are currently vying for next year’s Snuggie status. But I just don’t know what to make of them. So I think the best thing to do is make a pro/con list, because clearly only the biggest decisions can be made in this manner.
1. When I pass out drunk, changing into pajamas is irrelevant
2. Every order comes with a free grey crewneck t-shirt (which you can keep even if you don’t like the jeans)
3. There are no zippers or buttons, which quite frankly just get in the way
4. I’ve seen my fair share of teenage girls walking around in pajama pants, and if anything is going to fix that problem, I’m all for it.
1. They are ugly (don’t be fooled by how good they look on those models)
2. They only come in eight sizes – I feel like this is limiting, because I’m a different size in every single brand of jeans I own
3. They take four to six weeks for delivery (clearly they’re manufactured on the island from Lost)
4. The inside lining is fleece-like which I feel is just weird and kind of gives me the heebee-jeebees
5. There are no zippers or buttons (I’ve changed my mind on this one, you need zippers and buttons)
6. They kind of remind me of jeggings, and I just hate jeggings.
So the cons outweigh the pros, but the deciding factor here is that Pajama Jeans are a gimmick, and I’m a sucker for a gimmick. One time I bought a whole set of Enya CDs plus a concert DVD online for one song. PS – my birthday is coming up, and I think I know exactly what can get you guys on my good side.
Pajama Jeans 2011!